Monday, March 15, 2010

Tax Talk Blog: E-File

Are you filing an extension this year on your personal federal taxes? In addition to paper filing your extension, the IRS offers the option to e-file your extension. Both filing options extend your filing date to October 15th. The e-file option will make it easier and faster for some, rather than traditional paper filing.

Filing an extension does not postpone payment of your taxes. Those who owe taxes can make a payment when they file the extension online by mailing a check, make an electronic funds withdrawal, or pay with a credit card.

The form that needs to be submitted is Form 4868, Automatic Extension of Time to File. You can either e-file from your own home computer, or you can file through a tax professional who uses e-file.

Read more about e-filing from the IRS website here:

If you would like more information on the e-filing process, or if you would like to e-file an extension, please call McDaniel & Company, PLLC at (336) 996-3338. We are an accounting firm in Kernersville, NC. Our certified public accountants are ready to help you and your business with your tax and accounting needs.